We leave Bangkok at 0700 and depart to the River Kwai. We first travel to the cemetary of the Allied prisoners of the second world war. 6982 Allied prisoners are buried here. Then we go to the Jeath museum(Japan, England Australia, Thailand and Holland; (nationalties of soldiers who participated in the construction) This is optional and costs 40 baht.
Then the bridge over the River Kwai for a photo opportunity. You will have one hour to take pictures or relax. The epic film The Bridge on the River Kwai, made in 1957, was based on a true story of World War 2 and received seven Academy awards.The Kwai bridge symbolizes the brutality of war, built by thousands of prisoners of war under the command of the Japanese.
We then embark for a ride on the Death railway, 100 baht extra, heading to the waterfall, Sai Yok Noi. The railway was built of wooden log constructed by the allied prisoners of the second world war. Most of these men were Australians, Dutch and British and they had been working steadily southwards from Thanbyuzayat (Burma) to link with other POW on the Thai side of the railway.
At approx 11.00 we leave the bridge for lunch, then enjoy Sai Yok Noi waterfall. It is impressive and offers some of the most beautiful landscape.
At 1300 hours we arrive at the railway cutting known as Hellfire Pass. The Hellfire Pass Memorial is dedicated to allied prisoners of war and the Asian forced laborers who suffered and died while building the Burma-Thailand railway during World War II.
At 1500 hours we go to Somnuk elephant camp and stay overnight on a floating raft. One night fan room included.
Next day we awake to breakfast at 0830 and at 0930 we enjoy elephant riding in the jungle and Bamboo Rafting down the river Kwai Noi. Later in the morning we travel to the train station and have a picnic lunch box.
At 1300 we take a train on the death railway, 100 baht extra.
Later in the day we return to Bangkok arriving at about 1800 hours.
- Pick up tourists from various points in Khao San area.
- Departure from Bangkok to River Kwai.
- Visit Cemetery of the Allied Prisoners of the second world war. It contains the remains of 6,982 Australian, Dutch and British war prisoners who lost their lives during the construction of the Death Railway.
- Visit The Jeath Museum. [ Admission fee 40 Baht extra ].
- Visit Bridge Over The River Kwai.
- Leaving the bridge for lunch. Thai food will be served.
- Enjoy Sai Yok Noi waterfall.
- Arrive at Hell Fire Pass walk up and down.
- Stay over night in floating raft at Somnuk Elephant Camp.
- Enjoy Elephant riding in the jungle and Bamboo Rafting down the river Kwai Noi.
- Go to the train station.
- Have picnic lunch box.
- Take the train to Death Railway [ pay 100 Baht extra ].
- Departure from Kanchanaburi back to Bangkok.
- Arrive in Bangkok.
For a minimum of 2 people booking. We pickup from most hotels in the central tourist area.
For 1 person booking you would need to make your own way to join the group on Khao San Road.
Drop off on Khao San Road at the end of the trip.
Instant confirmation booking.
Price: 2500 Baht