Damnoen Saduak is a district in the Thai province of Ratchaburi. The floating market is situated on a klong (canal) where locals and foreigners alike visit for relaxation, enjoying the local Thai culture and Thai style shopping (lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers). Men and women travel on the river selling their wares and underneath their straw hat is usually a smiling face! It was also the location for the James Bond movie "The Man with the Golden Gun" and "Bangkok Dangerous" which starred Nicholas Cage.
We leave Bangkok early in the morning, 0700 hours, and arrive at the ferry boat pier and take a long tailed speed boat to the main part of the floating market. You may wander around the market on foot, or pay 150 baht extra to join a paddle boat, to buy any souvenirs, fresh fruit and other items you might wish to purchase. You will have one hour to yourself. It's open every day from early morning until noon. Although many tourists visit, they have kept much of its original authenticity.
We have lunch at approx 1230 which is included in the price.
After lunch you have some time to yourself. We then make our way to watch the culture show at the Rose Garden, which includes 14 shows and over 140 performers, and portrays a fascinating cross section of Thailand's cultural heritage and way of life, ceremonies and dance. The exquisite Rose Garden complex has acres of wonderful tropical trees & shrubs. The Rose garden is located almost 2 hours from Bangkok and has 70 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. Don't miss the ponds with bridges and beautiful flowers and especially the fully restored pavilion.
The Rose Garden is a superb place for a day trip; there are so many things to see and do including amazing flowers and trees, elephant rides and Thai boxing.
This is one trip not to miss. We have been there many times!
- Pick up tourists from Khao San and central hotels.
- Depart from Bangkok to Damnern Saduak Floating Market.
- Arrive at the ferry boat pier and take a long tailed speed boat to the main part of the floating market.
- Enjoy an hour walk to see the market [or join a paddle boat at 150 Baht extra].
- Return from floating market.
- Lunch at restaurant where you will have the chance to savour Thai food.
- Free leisure time after lunch.
- We make our way to the culture show at the Rose Garden, 14 shows and over 140 performers portraying a fascinating cross section of Thailand's culture, heritage and way of life, ceremonies and dance.
- Return to the bus for our drive back to Bangkok.
- Arriving back in Bangkok you make your own way back to your hotel.
Remark : Itinerary Tour subject to change without prior notice
For a minimum of 2 people booking. We pickup from most hotels in the central tourist area.
For 1 person booking you would need to make your own way to join the group on Khao San Road.
Drop off on Khao San Road at the end of the trip.
Instant confirmation booking.
CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE