We pick up free of charge from most central hotels.
After picking up from Khao San road and surrounding areas at 0700 hours we make our way to the pier and take a long tailed boat to the central area of the captivating Floating Market. Damnoen Saduak floating market is the largest of its type and attracts many tourists daily. There you will see many boats laden with tropical fruits, traditional desserts and souvenirs paddled by women in wicker hats. Under that hat you will see an accomodating Thai smile. You may walk around the market or if you wish you can hire a longtail boat for 150 baht to see the Thai houses and scenery located on the klongs (canals). After one hour we meet up to drive to the famous River Kwai.
On the way we will stop for a Thai lunch which is included in the price. Then we go to the war museum This is optional and costs 40 baht. The bridge is only a four minute walk from the museum so you can make your own way there if you would like more time taking pictures on the bridge. Walk the paths of the Allied prisoners of war. If you are there at the right time you can take a picture of a train advancing towards you. Do not worry as there are side platforms where you can stand as the train passes within inches of you travelling very slowly.
The River Kwai became famous all over the world in 1957; the film by David Lean was based on a true story of World War 2 which symbolizes the brutality of war and received seven Academy awards when it was featured in movies and books. The spectacular beauty of the surrounding mountains and valleys are well captured in the film.
We arrive back in Bangkok at 1830-1930 hours after a fascinating day where you will be dropped off on Khao san road.
- Pick up tourists from various points in Khao San and surrounding areas
- Departure from Bangkok to Damnern Saduak Floating Market.
- Arrive at the ferry boat pier and take a long tailed speed boat to the main part of the floating market.
- Enjoy an hour stroll to see the market [or join a paddle boat at 150 Baht extra].
- Departure from Floating Market to River Kwai.
- Lunch at a restaurant. Thai food will be served.
- War museum optional [40 baht entrance fee ]
- Arrive at River Kwai Bridge.
- Visit Bridge over the River Kwai.
- Arrive in Bangkok.
Remark: Itinerary Tour subject to change without prior notice.
For a minimum of 2 people booking. We pickup from most hotels in the central tourist area.
For 1 person booking you would need to make your own way to join the group on Khao San Road.
Drop off on Khao San Road at the end of the trip.
Instant confirmation booking.
Price: 900 Baht